Medical credentialing can be both confusing and overwhelming, but it doesn’t need to be!
Credentialing FAQ – Medical Credentialing, Provider Enrollment
Below are answers to a some Frequently Asked Questions about credentialing. In addition, we’d be happy to answer your specific questions! Contact us anytime toll-free at 1-855-664-5154.
Q: Why would someone want credentialing?
1. Obtain a Tax ID from the IRS under the legal business name.
2. Register for a Type 2 National Provider Identifier (NPI) and also Type 1 NPI.
3. Register for a bank account under the legal business name.
4. Search for a location to open your practice.
5. Obtain Malpractice Insurance.
6. Speak with PrognoCIS Credentialing Department to start the credentialing and contracting process.
1. Get your NPI1 number.
2. Know how you are billing for your services.
3. Obtain malpractice insurance.
4. Complete the CAQH application.
5. Register with Medicare.
6. Contact each insurance company with which you want to be in-network.